Let us help make your dream of college a reality!
Deadline is July 10, 2018
The Town of Oshkosh EMS (Emergency Medical Services) is excited to announce its new tuition scholarship program.
Why is the Town of Oshkosh EMS Holding a Scholarship Program?
The Town of Oshkosh EMS realizes that having a skilled and knowledgeable workforce is critical to the success and continued growth of its community. The Town of Oshkosh EMS would like to promote academic performance and accountability to those who are interested not only in the field of EMS, but also the general health care field.
How Does the Scholarship Program work?
On behalf of the Carol Waters Memorial Fund, scholarships will be distributed at $500 yearly, with a maximum of five (5) scholarship per year. All scholarships will be awarded one per year, per person only. The scholarship committee will make these determinations based on written applications and semi-finalist interviews. Students may apply annually for multiple years up to a maximum of four years. Prior year scholarships will not guarantee future scholarship awards. Scholarships are for tuition and textbooks only.
Who is eligible to participate in the Scholarship Program?
- Any student who is enrolled in a healthcare certificate or diploma program from a fully accredited college, university, technical college, or vocational program
- Must be a Town of Oshkosh resident – OR
- Must be a dependent of a Town of Oshkosh resident – OR
- Be affiliated with the Town of Oshkosh Fire/EMS
How can I apply for a Scholarship?
Students who are interested in applying for the Carol Waters Scholarship Program must complete the following:
- Send your letter of intent to the Town of Oshkosh Scholarship Committee specifying who you would be a candidate for the program
- With your intent letter, send two current letters of references from appropriate sources (not to exceed one page. Each letter must address the student’s motivation and potential for success in the health care field.
Applications must be postmarked by July 10, 2018 to:
Town of Oshkosh Fire/EMS
1801 W. County Road Y
Oshkosh, WI 54904