PLUMMER CEMETERY WALK
The Butte des Morts Historical Preservation Society
Saturday, September 17, 2022—1:00 p.m.
4723 County Road S, Oshkosh WI 54904
Presented by: Janet (Ihrig-Fuhs) Eiler and Maribeth Gabert
- Two prominent farmers, who were neighbors, and whose families were joined together by a married. Both were successful but one had property valued at $29,000 in 1870, equaling $655,980 in today’s market.
- Three men that were pioneers in the road construction business, having foreign countries coming over to learn their skills and trade.
- Find out who provided a valuable service between Oshkosh and Winneconne/Omro/Waukau/Eureka before the automobile days.
- Did you know there is a Mayflower descendent hiding quietly within Plummers Cemetery?
- Find out who became an avid archaeologist, county school superintendent, a translator of local history and public speaker.
- Can you imagine being born with a silver spoon in your hand just to give it up during the gold rush of 1849 and then settled in this area to become a farmer. While his labor was hard, his hobbies were rich.
- A young man from England was determined to make it in the tiny hamlet of Butte des Morts working for two of the Grignon brothers and then branched out on his own.